This started out as a response to a friend’s post, but became longer and largely irrelevant to what he was asking. The relevant parts were left as a reply 🙂
What do I need to do before I can start on getting a CD out?
- Have more lyrics which are CD-quality (meaning, cannot be tweaked anymore)
- Have original tunes (optional)
- Be a better performer (semi-optional: I could recruit people to perform, but that is always more trouble)
I am doing things about it:
- Cleaning up lyrics, with the intermediate goal of having a 20-song “songbook” out.
- Learning to play instruments (harmonica, started, guitar, about to start)
There is probably more stuff I need to do…but having the intermediate goal of the songbook is a good thing for me. The thing I need for the songbook is a deadline, which I will set myself on January 1st.
So, now I have, at least, a deadline for the deadline.
Reminder: if there are songs of mine that you, gentle reader, think are a must-have on the songbook, let me know.